A few things for you:
- Patrick Rhone’s One More Thing… newsletter is back. I was not a subscriber the first time around but delighted to both see it back and have access to the archive.
- Speaking of newsletters, Sameer Vasta has Weekend Reading. I’ve linked to his writing in this series more than once so you can guess how strongly I recommend the subscription.
- Brad Enslen has a question about blogging. Unsurprisingly it’s a question worth asking, and one that we ought be able to more easily answer. Brad is working on these kinds of problems with people in mind and that’s exactly why you ought to pay attention to what he has to say, just as those who have replied to him did so.
- There’s a new directory for websites on Neocities: Districts. This kind of curated work is one of the best ways we can counter the algorithm-centred mainstream web.
- The folks at The Criterion Collection are launching a streaming service and you can become an early subscriber. Having a dedicated service for these films is an excellent idea; I am looking forward to watching films that I had not previously been aware I could access at all, let alone so easily.
- De Dag Original Series Soundtrack on SoundCloud. David Martijn has created two tracks reminiscent of the excellent score for The Social Network.
- Koritsimou has some excellent advice for those who snort when laughing and I am in full agreement. :)
- Speaking of excellent advice, this post on Tumblr from KiwianAroha includes a tl;dr that ought to be on signs everywhere.
- Last but very much not least: puppies + snow = bliss.
Enjoy your weekend!