This has been delayed, which is obvious, but I’m still determined to have basic goals for the year; they’re not resolutions and not even the start of what it is that I am particularly determined to add to my life, but it is at least the start of something.
I was inspired to make this after watching a recent Vlogbrothers video by John Green:
It’s a basic list for simplicity – this site is a new start, and I am determined to join with it a fresh and clean approach.
- Read more stories.
- Be it books, on the web, on paper, anything so long as it is a non-news story.
- Find good sources for news.
- I prefer small collections of varied sources and am comfortable paying for quality where possible.
- Write for this site everyday.
- Even if I don't publish everyday (although I do want to get at least one 30-day stretch in at some point).
I’ll be keeping track of myself with the blog, which works especially well because of its presence within the third item; this is especially great with Micro.blog (thanks Manton!), since the service provides the exact thing I have missed from social networks: a blend of independence, an environment in which focus is both attainable and encouraged, and most importantly of all a desire that the space in which we all wish to share with each other (the web) is in fact a good space.